Russ has 22 years of experience in heavy industry. He has a Masters Degree in Process Metallurgical Engineering from Penn State University and is a graduate of the Minnesota Executive Program at the University of MN, Carlson School of Business. He has held various engineering, maintenance, management and troubleshooting positions in a number of industrial fields. Russ has been instrumental in mining, power, refining, paper/board, municipal, construction and general industry. He has extensive experience in plant construction and maintenance practices.
Throughout his career, Russ has served on numerous boards, organizations and has devoted his career in support of industry.
- Past board member of Iron Mining Association – 8 years
- Past board member of Society of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers – 10 years
- Current board member of Lignite Energy Council – 2 years
- ND Petroleum Council
- ND Safety Council
- Arrowhead Manufacturing and Fabricators Association
- Past president and Director of Duluth Engineers Club – 9 years
- Past Director of Engineers Club of Northern MN – 4 years
- Past board member of University of MN – Duluth Engineering Scholorship Committee – 7 years
- Supporter of various groups including Laurentian Chamber, Bismarck Chamber, Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl, Bismarck Hockey, Numerous Hockey Organizations.